What you'll get
How much you get depends on:
- the type of course
- your course fees
- the maximum loan available for your course
The minimum loan you can get is £300 and is paid directly to the College.
You don’t have to borrow the full cost of your course - you can pay for some of it yourself.
Number of Loans
- You can apply for up to 4 loans and you can get more than one at the same time.
- You can apply for another loan to take the same level of a course, e.g. the same level qualification in History if you’ve already had a loan for the same level in Maths.
- You can apply for a loan to fund each course you take towards your A Levels - up to a maximum of 4 A Levels.
- This means you can have up to 8 loans if you’re taking each A Level as 2 separate courses.
- The courses must be in the same subject to qualify for a full A Level.
- You can get 3 more loans for non A Level courses either before or after your course of A Levels.