Costs and Times
Translate this page (please select language):
Our ESOL courses are available at all levels, from Beginner to Advanced, and are delivered Monday to Friday - morning, afternoon and evening - so you can pick a time to suit you!
ESOL courses cost (£5.20 per hour)
Daytime classes: two classes per week (£254)
09:30 - 11:30 or 12:15 - 14:15
Evening classes: one evening per week (£194)
18:00 - 21:00
- All students aged 19 years or over are expected to pay tuition, exam fees and all other course related costs.
- You may be eligible for fee remission if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Unemployed (or working less than 16 hours per week and earning less than £338 per month) and claiming benefits (in your own name) and using this course to help you find employment. Please bring a copy of your benefits evidence with you (dated within the last 3 months).
- Employed (or self-employed) and earning less that £16,009.50 per year (gross annual salary), you will need to provide a recently dated wage slips (within the last 3 months) or a formal contract of employment which details your salary.
- If you are enrolling to a level 2 ESOL course the above remission categories will only apply if you are aged 19 to 23 and you have a previous qualification at level 2 or aged 24 or over. (you will need to provide evidence of your previous qualifications.
Acceptable Benefit Evidence:
Job Seekers Allowance letter
Employment Support Allowance letter
Pension Credit Guarantee
Working Tax Credit ( showing income is less than the minimum wage or £330 a month)
- Help is available for anyone struggling to meet the costs of attending college and additional costs such as equipment, trips and work placement costs, there are bursaries available to those students who are on benefits or are a dependant of someone in receipt of benefit and who have low household income. Details of what is available and eligibility criteria can be found on our website
16-18yr old students: https://www.guildford.ac.uk/1618/Support/FinancialHelp.aspx
19+ learners: https://www.guildford.ac.uk/Adults/Finance/Bursaries.aspx
Please see the full document checklist: http://www.gcgrp.net/Assets/Docs/Enrolment/DocumentChecklistESOL.docx
- ESOL classes are planned for a period of one year/36 weeks (3 x 12 week terms) or over two terms if starting January.
- Students must be able to commit to a minimum of 24 weeks. If students are unable to attend for 24 weeks, we may still be able to offer places (if space is available).
- Please note there is no reduction in fees for joining the course late.
- For information regarding refunds please contact the ESOL administration.