English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Courses in Guildford & Farnham, Surrey
Translate this page (select language):
If English is not your main language, you can improve your skills by taking an ESOL course at
Our ESOL courses cover all aspects of English, including: speaking and listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar. There are three qualifications students study for per level: Speaking and Listening, Reading, and Writing. Students study for ESOL City and Guilds qualifications which are recognised by UK employers.
Higher level classes will cover English for work, business or study, such as: going to interviews, giving presentations, writing CVs, cover letters, report writing, discussing topics etc.
ESOL classes are for students aged 18+. We also offer a full-time Access to Further Education programme for students aged 16-18.
ESOL enrolments for Farnham College on Friday 4 October from 10:00-13.00.
Students will be offered additional classes to catch up .
Our Online Booking System will enable you to book an enrolment appointment.
If you have studied ESOL at Guildford College before and have used our Online Booking System before, please select 'Login' using the email address you used to register, NOT your college login.
If you have not studied ESOL at Guildford College before, please select 'register'.
Click the buttons below to see:
Our ESOL courses are:
- Available from Intermediate - Entry 3 (B1) to Advanced - Level 2 (C1).
- Taught by qualified and experienced teachers - OFSTED inspected.
- Delivered in small, friendly classes and focused on learning.
- Delivered at a time to suit you - Tuesdays and Thursdays OR Wednesday and Fridays - mornings and afternoons. Please see our ' Cost and Times' page for more information.
Our ESOL courses will:
- Give you a recognised English language certificate and qualification.
- Help you improve your English to live, work or study in the UK.
For more information, please contact us by:
Tel: 0800 612 6008 or click here to ask us a question.
FAQs (Frequently asked questions):
- ‘Do I have to attend every class?' Students are expected to have an attendance rate of at least 85%. If a student can’t come to a class they must let their teacher or the ESOL Administrator know. Poor attendance may mean that a student won’t be allowed to take exams or they may be withdrawn from the class.
- 'What do I need to bring to class?' Students are expected to bring their own pens, notebooks and dictionaries.
- 'Do I have to buy a course book?' Yes. Your teacher will give you details of the course book you need to buy.’
- 'Do I have to take an exam at the end of term?' Students are expected to take exams at the end of term unless they have been told otherwise.
- 'How can I access ESOL learning materials?' You can access ESOL learning materials such as books or DVDs in the LRC (Learning Resource Centre).
- 'Does Farnham College provide on-site childcare facilities?' We do not provide on-site crèche or childcare. Only ESOL students are allowed in ESOL classrooms.
- 'Can I park my car at the college?' There is a car park for students.
Location of classes